Silverback Learning Solutions is a dynamic, technology company that works with schools and school districts to improve instructional outcomes for all students through the use of user-friendly, cloud-based software tools. We are poised to change education and capture market share in the fast-emerging market space for individualized learning, assessment and intervention.
We offer outstanding opportunities for individuals who want to work in a growing and dynamic environment. The corporate offices are located in Boise, Idaho, which is an area of exceptional beauty and outstanding recreational opportunities.
Software Engineering Intern
As a Software Engineer Intern with Silverback Learning Solutions, you are passionate about technology and passionate about education. You want to jump into the code and get your hands dirty building best-of-breed solutions for Educators. This is a seasonal position for a period from May to August 2013, although the position may be extended and/or a regular, full-time position offered depending on need.
- Report to the Engineering Lead and the Director of R&D
- Build new software features, design and model core functionality the code for which is elegant, clean, testable and well-documented
- Integrate that functionality into a clean, user-friendly user interface
- Present it to the development team as part of regular code reviews and end-of-sprint demonstrations.
In addition to your software engineering duties, you may be asked to participate in the installation and configuration of servers and workstations. You may be asked to participate in configuring and maintaining our integration environment. In the process, you will learn the importance of continuous integration (CI) in a quality-driven team.
- At least a junior-level university student in pursuit of a BS or MS in computer science
- Possesses a deep understanding of object-oriented software development and design
- Are comfortable writing and testing database design and queries (a mastery not required)
- Have used the latest development tools and source control is second nature to you
- Have an eagerness to learn and a passion for writing quality software
- Possesses good time management skills
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Understands the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Works well in a team environment
- Are energetic, forward-thinking and creative with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
As new job requisitions are opened we will update this page.