Districts in 20 States Now Implement Silverback’s Longitudinal Learning Platform with Gooru Open Resources as they Shift to Student-Centered Strategies
Boise, ID June 9, 2015 Silverback Learning Solutions (www.silverbacklearning.com), an educator-founded technology company and developer of MilepostsTM, a next generation learning platform installed in schools K-12 nationwide, today announces that Mileposts will be implemented in all El Paso Independent School District public schools (EPISD), led by Texas Latino Superintendent of the Year Juan Cabrera.
“We spent months considering our options and evaluating many different systems before awarding the contract to Silverback,” said Cabrera. “ We are committed to moving away from ‘teaching to the test’ and re-focusing our efforts on blended, project based and personalized learning as well as other student-centered strategies. Mileposts is the solution that will help drive these changes. We look forward to the partnership and measuring Mileposts’ impact here at EPISD. ”
District Implementation Details:
- Mileposts will support EPISD’s newly adopted K-12 digital learning initiatives by providing teachers with the ability to easily create personalized learning plans, manage interventions, monitor achievement, and gain insights to improve instruction to any of EPISD’s 60,000 students
- Mileposts will be the nucleus for Plaza, the EPISD central launch site for the PowerUp Initiative which connects and empowers key stakeholders – parents, students, and teachers – to contribute as an integral part of student success
- Silverback will provide robust professional development for EPISD educators to assure effective and in-depth use of the LMS
- The solution will integrate millions of Open Educational Resources (OER) from technology partner Gooru (www.goorulearning.org) so teachers can identify student learning needs then find and remix the best content to meet those needs. In Gooru’s open and collaborative online community teacher-curated digital materials can be found, created, remixed and shared to teachers in the district, across the state, or around the world.
“We’re thrilled about the opportunity for Silverback Learning Solutions to collaborate with the El Paso Independent School District. Mileposts provides what classroom teachers, building administrators, involved parents and district level leaders would build for themselves, given the opportunity. We give them that opportunity with a full toolkit of research-based achievement support tools, tuned to district need, ” said Dr. Jim Lewis, CEO of Silverback Learning Solutions. “The idea behind Mileposts is simple: every child is an individual and the single most important motivation to learn for that child is to be able to begin at their exact academic ability level and build from that mark in time to the capacity they are truly capable of, while serving them in a classroom with children at all levels of learning.”
About Silverback Learning Solutions
Silverback Learning Solutions is a company founded by educators to help fellow educators accelerate achievement in all students. Our award-winning next-generation learning platform, Mileposts, tightly knits individualized learning plans and interventions with curriculum and assessment, leveraging districts’ existing investments in those areas so schools can quickly become powerhouses of personalized learning. Mileposts is the first solution of its kind to provide millions of free digital resources and assessment items via the Gooru free personalized learning platform for educators. We provide all of this in one cloud-based, value-conscious platform, quick and easy for teachers, administrators, students, and parents to access from any device. Please visit us at www.silverbacklearning.com.
Located in El Paso, Texas, the El Paso Independent School District is the largest district in the Texas Education Agency’s Educational Service Center – Region 19. With approximately 60,000 students in 94 campuses, EPISD also is the 10th largest district in Texas and the 61st largest district in the United States. The District is committed to providing a rigorous, comprehensive curriculum that is characterized by research-based practices that result in high levels of academic performance and achievement by all students.
- Gooru June Newsletter
- James Harvey Speaks at Summit ’15
Posted: June 9th, 2015