The Mileposts program provides a distinct advantage for everyone at the table of accountability for the child’s academic well being. It brings all of these people together in a collaborative culture setting to understand the needs of the individual child and to map a productive learning course that will provide positive results.
- For the individual teacher the program provides the ability to “know” their students and their academic history before they even meet them. It provides for differentiated instruction depending on the curriculum strand and level of understanding of the student and the ability to know those students who have had interventions or remediation in the past and to what extent they were successful.
- For the building administrator it allows immediate identification of “at risk” students and the ability to carry on meaningful conversations about what is being done for that child and how their support can aid in the process. It also provides a platform for teacher team or entire staff discussions about specific groups of students or specific areas of curriculum or delivery concerns.
- For the district office level administrator and the school board it allows for evaluation of the curriculum adoption, professional development needed to support the classroom teacher, identification of populations of concern, and the ability to focus on the immediate needs to meet NCLB proficiencies.
- For the parent it provides documentation for everything that has been done, or will be done, for their child and their involvement in that process.
- For the student, it simply returns ownership and responsibility for their own educational progress which has been missing in today’s fast paced educational delivery.
- And for the teacher teams and school-wide improvement efforts it changes the culture by changing the conversation with totally transparent data delivery.
With the Mileposts program you get a system that is easy to use, easy to learn, and easy to install into any system. It was created by focusing on improving academic growth for all students while providing thorough support for achievement in every at risk group simultaneously. It is a complete data and intervention management system that comes with the following application features:
Mileposts Administration Features
The goal for Mileposts setup and administration is to create a hassle-free process for both setup and administration. The Mileposts System is a centralized, highly available cloud based solution that is designed to lower the barriers of adoption and to put a very light load on over taxed districts and technology departments. The system will synchronize student and class information from most of the major SIS systems. The Mileposts implementation includes the setup and loading of 2-3 years of state assessment results and state benchmarks. The state assessment reporting is tailored to each states reporting requirements.
Mileposts Administration Features Brochure